Microsoft Windows is probably the most popular and largest-selling operating system in the world today. Microsoft Windows has come a long way from its initial version and today offers an incredible variety of options to choose from. However, the Windows 7 Ultimate version remains one of the most popular products from Microsoft.
Although there are two different ways to activate it, we will focus on the more popular way, which helps to activate Windows 7 Ultimate using command prompt.
Every copy of Windows 7 Ultimate comes with its own unique product key. This product key is extremely essential as the Windows 7 Ultimate OS is offered on a 30-day free trial to users, after which they need to purchase the product key from the Microsoft Store to activate the operating system permanently on their PC.
However, there are times and situations where you cannot afford to buy the product key, or the product key may get misplaced and it may not be at hand while installing Windows 7 Ultimate. Usually, in such cases, the user is left with no choice but to purchase another version of the operating system and re-install it on their PC.
However, there is still a way to activate Windows 7 Ultimate without the need for a product key. You can easily choose to activate Windows 7 Ultimate using the command prompt on your PC.
Choosing Window 7 Ultimate? Here are the specifications and requirements needed
Check out the range of specifications that your PC will need to have if you wish to install and run Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate on it:
- RAM – 1 GB (for 32-bit) / 2 GB (for 64-bit)
- Processor – 1 GHz
- Graphics – DirectX 9c or higher
- HDD – 16 Gb (for 32-bit) / 20 GB (for 64-bit)
Steps to Activate Windows 7 Ultimate using Command Prompt
Here is a step-wise guide on how to activate Windows 7 Ultimate using command prompt:
- Click on the START menu and select the Command Prompt (CMD)
- Press right-click on CMD and select “Run as administrator”
- Once the command prompt is launched and ready, you will need to type “slmgr – rearm” in the box and hit the Enter key.
4. Once you have entered the slgmr-rearm command, the computer will prompt to know if you’d like to restart the PC, click on “Yes” or “OK” button
5. Once your computer restarts successfully, you will need to click on the START menu and access the Command Prompt program once more, this time to type “slmgr – ato” into the command section and hit the Enter key
6. If the process is done as described in this guide, you will get a pop-up notification detailing that your Windows 7 Ultimate is now successfully activated permanently.
Hopefully, this step-wise guide will be successful in helping you to activate Windows 7 Ultimate using command prompt so you can enjoy the efficient and impressive features of the OS anytime and at any place.