The World Health Organisation or WHO has revealed that Cardiovascular Diseases or CVDs are a leading cause of death across the globe. People are more familiar with terms like heart attacks and strokes.
These cases happen when a blockage stops blood from flowing to the heart or brain. Usually, a growth of fatty deposits on the internal wall of blood vessels causes blockages and affects blood circulation.
However, CVDs are not limited to heart attacks and strokes. It is a group of heart diseases and complexities associated with blood vessels, such as cerebrovascular disease, coronary heart disease, peripheral heart disease, congenital heart disease, rheumatic heart disease, etc.
According to WHO, CVDs caused approx. 17.9 million deaths worldwide in 2019. In India, CVD is the reason behind 45% of death in the age group- 40-69.
In this state, Bangalore is the leading city witnessing a growing number of deaths caused by CVDs. However, the city has remarkably advanced its progress in CVD treatment.
Many people from other states and neighboring countries are coming to the best cardiac hospital in Bangalore. The utility of modern medical science has led such institutions to new and more effective cardiology trends.
This article is going to discuss three latest cardiology trends:
The use of dabigatran and other DOACs (including rivaroxaban, apixaban, edoxaban, and betrixaban) is nothing new in the medical world. Most cardiologists use them to treat people suffering from Atrial Fibrillation or AFib.
Now you might be thinking about what is new in it. The scientists have highlighted a few new features, such as:
- Due to the increasing use of DOACs, drug-specific elements are readily available.
- It is now used to treat other diseases as well, such as cancer-associated venous thromboembolism.
- If applied twice every day, DOACs reduce cardiovascular and limb issues in people suffering from peripheral artery disease.
You might be wondering what Artificial Intelligence of AI has to do with medical science. Don’t forget that technology is the pillar of modern medical science. Biological activities and research works cannot further advance if not geared by technology.
A publication in the Journal of American College of Cardiology has pointed out six areas of cardiovascular treatment greatly benefitted by AI:
- AI is being used for refining the selection of effective therapies as it searches patterns in a clinical trial database and molecular biology
- With the help of AI, experts can quickly analyze genetic records, environmental, and lifestyle impact on a patient having a cardiovascular issue
- AI helps gather data from different sources, including electronic health records, social media, wearable, etc.
- It helps healthcare improve their services by minimizing repetitive tasks and emphasizing EHR-based alerts
- AI enables remote monitoring and derives clinically required data from the data bytes wearable devices
- It can predict an individual’s chances of developing chronic diseases, including CVDs.
Wearable devices have been used by doctors since the 1800s. These days, they use a wearable device to measure heart rate, rhythm, blood pressure, sleep quality, and physical activities.
It is beneficial to track heart rhythm. Using the latest wearable watch, you can easily detect an abnormal heart rhythm, which is a sign of upcoming danger.
Doctors working with the best cardiac hospital in Bangalore are deploying the latest cardio trends very efficiently. It results in a growing number of patients recovering from complex cardiovascular issues. This is the reason the city is drawing the attention of foreign patients as well.