Your teeth happen to be the first thing that people notice in you. But they are often overlooked as they don’t get damaged easily. But once the plaque and the bacteria have invaded your mouth you can hardly do anything to save your pearly whites.
Your teeth are capable of making or breaking appearance apart from helping you to chew and talk. For that reason, you should ensure that you keep the mouth clean, fresh, white and sparkling which will cater to a great oral health.
Here are some of the simplest ways that will help to retain your million-dollar smile and keep at bay foul breath. Just read on.
- Brush at Least Twice a Day and Floss Daily – In order to retain the health and hygiene of your mouth, the optimal removal of the plaque and food particles is absolutely essential. Fluoride happens to be a vital ingredient for the teeth, but it won’t come in abundance in the food particles. Hence the best source of fluoride happens to be toothpaste, topical products, and public water. Thus, brushing with fluoride toothpaste with a soft-bristled toothbrush (as it doesn’t wear down the enamel like the hard-bristled brushes) twice daily can strengthen the enamel of the teeth and can protect them from bacteria. For cleaning the spaces in between the teeth flossing is essential as brushes can only do away with the superficial dirt on the surface of the teeth. Flossing is essentially recommended by most of the professional dentists as it helps to remove the plaque and debris stuck in between the teeth and reduce your cavity risks.
- Get the Tongue Spick and Span –For freshening up the breath and removing the plaque on the tongue you must clean your tongue. The bacteria build-up on the tongue can be the major cause of bad breath. Regularly scraping your tongue with a tongue cleaner can help you to do away these bacteria and keep the mouth freshened up.
- Opt for a White-Teeth Diet – What you consume shows up on your teeth. So, if you consume too much black tea or red wine or have become a chain-smoker then you are bound to have not-so-pearly and dirty whites. The other culprits of unclean teeth include gravies, colas, and dark juices and they can be blamed for the dingy teeth. That is why no matter which dark drink or food you take it is going to further stain your teeth. Hence you should brush the teeth immediately after consuming foods and drinks that tend to stain the teeth. You have to ensure that you consume the teeth-staining food materials only when there is a toothbrush around. If you do not keep a toothbrush handy, then you can have apples as dessert as that will provide with some teeth stain removal actions.
- Stay Fresh – You should lick the palm of your hand and smell it while it is still wet. You can immediately go for sugar-free mint if you smell something. Ensure that the mouthwash that you choose is alcohol-free. There is a high chance of your mouth tissues getting dried out because of the excessive alcohol content in most of the over-the-counter mouthwashes as a result of which the mouthwashes become more prone to bacteria. So, steer clear of them.
- Straighten the Teeth -Teeth that happen to be in proper alignment and straight are more self-cleaning and are more resistant to the build-up of plaque. In fact, they are easier for the hygienists to clean when you go for professional cleaning at the best teeth cleaning cost and even simpler to floss. In fact, the cleaning instrument of the hygienist is not so effective on crooked teeth as a result of which the bacteria can escape during a cleaning when you have crooked or crowded teeth.
Apart from the ones mentioned above, you should also make and attend regular appointments with a proficient and experienced dentist who can guide you further about how to keep your teeth sparkling white and your breath fresh and hence maintain a great overall oral health for years to come.
its great tips you wrote and shared, i will this soon. Thanks for sharing informative blog post. Kindly update with new useful post.